Most homeowners have seen numerous epoxy coated and polished concrete floors in commercial and industrial settings. This has brought them to wonder if they could have the same flooring solutions in their homes.
Homes, condos, apartments and every residential structure can have Southside Polished Concrete epoxy coated and polished concrete floors installed with the same ease as with commercial and industrial structures.
Home basements and garages and even living rooms if you wish can now have the same high gloss finish as car showrooms and retail establishments.
Residential Epoxy Coated Floors
In the past decades, epoxy coated floors have been mainly used in commercial and industrial structures and were extremely expensive. With the advancement in technology, residential structures can now have epoxy coated floors at an affordable cost.
Installing epoxy coated floors in residential garages and homes are an ideal alternative to carpets, wood, and vinyl flooring solutions. With epoxy coated floors in your home, you can expect a beautiful floor that requires minimal cleaning and maintenance as well as a long lifespan.
Here are some of the benefits of residential epoxy coated floors:
- Tough and durable to withstand heavy foot traffic and daily torture from home DIY machines and equipment.
- High gloss finish which reflects light to save on the cost of artificial lighting.
- Aesthetically beautiful than an unattractive concrete floor surface.
- Resistant to abrasion, grease, oil, salt and chemical spills as well as bacteria, mold and mildew growth.
- Anti-slip properties.
- Easy to clean and maintain requiring only minimal sweeping and mopping.
Southside Polished Concrete epoxy flooring solutions add beauty, functionality, and value to your home. They are available in various colors, textures, and designs to suit your preference.
Residential Polished Concrete Floors
Concrete is a durable flooring surface. Unfortunately, it is dull and unattractive. As a result, it is often covered with flooring solutions such as wood, tiles, marble, and carpets. Of late, polished concrete has been increasing in popularity as an ideal flooring solution.
Polished concrete can transform your dull concrete surface into a decorative and smooth floor. Beauty is not all there is with polished concrete floors. There are a lot of benefits you will gain if you have this flooring system installed in your home.
- Durable. Polished concrete has a long lifespan when properly installed. It can withstand heavy foot traffic. It is also abrasion and impact resistant.
- Easy to Install. Installation of polished concrete floors involves grinding of the concrete surface, polishing and sealing the finish. No chemicals are used during installation thus it is good to go immediately after installation.
- High Value. Polish concrete floors provide a room with great value because of its decorative appearance. Depending on the design you choose, this flooring system can look much better than wood, marble or vinyl. It has high light reflectivity so you can save on artificial lighting.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain. This flooring system requires minimal cleaning and maintenance. It does not need to be waxed or vacuumed. Cleaning and maintenance would only require sweeping and basic mopping.
- Versatile. Polished concrete floors come with varied designs, colors and textures to suit the theme and style of your home.
Residential epoxy coating and polished concrete floors have given homeowners a durable and beautiful flooring option. Southside Polished Concrete has professional installers to allow your home to experience all the benefits these flooring solutions can provide.
Call us for a free quote and we will be more than willing to assist you to make your vision a reality.
Where Is Polished Concrete Best Used?
Polished concrete enhances the aesthetic value of concrete floors. With limitless possibilities for levels of sheen, colors, decorative designs and textures, polished concrete allows the concrete floors to be customized based on personal preferences.
Polished concrete floors are best used in:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Retail establishments
Why Choose Polished Concrete?
Having a polished concrete floor installed provides a lot of benefits:
- Comes in matte to high gloss finish
- Dust free floors
- Seamless so there are no lines for dust and dirt to settle in
- Reflects light so there will be no need for additional lighting.
- Hypoallergenic because it is resistant to allergens ( dust and dust mites)
- Tough, durable and hard wearing
- Water and stain resistant
- Reduces tire wear
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Low maintenance costs
- A good alternative flooring system to granite, marble, wood, tile, and linoleum.
- Highly affordable
- Long lasting
Adding a variety of colors to polished concrete through the application of concrete dyes and stains allows polished concrete floors to have a decorative look instead of the usual dull gray concrete floor.
How IS Polished Concrete done?
Polished concrete is achieved through a mechanical polish and grinding process. Diamond grinders are used together with sealers and hardeners. These densify, seal, polish and level concrete floors to make them smooth to bring out their natural beauty.
The grinding process comes in multiple stages to achieve a smooth and high gloss finish. Aggregates, acid stains, dyes and graphics provide limitless possibilities for a decorative and aesthetically appealing finish.
Why Hire the Professionals?
The polished concrete process is not as simple as it looks. Southside Concrete Polishing knows the right timing on which the steps should be done. Timing is crucial in the installation of polished concrete.
- Before pouring, air bubbles will be removed by vibrating the concrete.
- While pouring concrete, it will be leveled and incorporated into expansion joints to prevent cracking.
- A Power float (trowel machine) is used to create a smooth concrete floor surface which is done at the right time during the curing period when it is still a bit wet.
The entire polished concrete process takes more than a week to complete. The surface of the polished concrete floor needs to be protected against any possible damage while in the curing stage. This job is only for highly skilled and trained polished concrete installers.
Polished concrete comes with a variety of options that can be customized. It is not only a great flooring option for commercial and industrial settings but for residential properties, too.
Southside Concrete Polishing uses a multi-step diamond polishing process to achieve a polished concrete floor that will provide any room for the texture and warmth no other flooring material can match.
Polished concrete adds elegance to commercial and industrial spaces. When polished concrete is processed to a high gloss finish, it can mimic the look of granite or marble yet have its own unique personality.
The lustrous sheen of polished concrete will make any floor space in the home look aesthetically appealing at an affordable price.