Top-Rated Industrial Epoxy Flooring
Storage and warehouse facilities require a flooring system from Southside Concrete Polishing that can meet the high demands of the activities that take place in these areas.
Everyday industrial areas will have pallet truck or forklift traffic with heavy loads. Much of the time, boxes and pallets are dragged on the floor. Warehouses may also need to be presentable and safe for workers as well as customers who need to see the place.
If you are in charge of a new manufacturing or warehouse facility you may be wondering what is the best flooring system to install. Epoxy and polished concrete floors are ideal for warehouses, manufacturing facilities, laboratories, factories and even hospitals.
The choice of whether to have epoxy coatings or polished concrete floors depends on what you need to achieve from a flooring system.
Industrial Epoxy Coated Floors
Durable and tough epoxy coated floors are ideal for concrete floors in industrial buildings. This flooring system provides a high gloss finish that is durable and hard wearing. Epoxy coatings can be easily applied on a clean and porous concrete surface.
Epoxy coatings on floors of industrial structures can provide these benefits:
- Easy to install. Professional installers are able to apply epoxy coatings with minimal effort. Proper preparation of the concrete surface is required to ensure proper bonding of the epoxy coating to the concrete surface. Curing of the epoxy coat takes about 5 days.
- Highly durable. Epoxy flooring solutions can withstand heavy loads without chipping and cracking. It is also resistant to oil and chemical stains.
- Brightens the area. The high gloss finish of epoxy floors reflects light by as much as 200% providing more brightness to the area.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Basic sweeping and mopping is all an epoxy coated floor need making maintenance minimal.
- Safe for workers and customers. Epoxy coatings have anti-slip properties making sure workers are safe despite heavy foot traffic. It is also resistant to fires. If installed in hospitals, epoxy coated floors offer a seamless surface leaving no room for bacteria, molds, and mildew to breed.
Epoxy coated floors by Southside Concrete Polishing are an ideal solution for industrial areas where flooring systems need to be super durable to withstand everyday torture.
Industrial Polished Concrete Floors
Polished concrete floors are a combination of aesthetics and durability. This flooring system is currently one of the most preferred flooring solutions for industrial buildings.
Polished concrete floors are easy to install and can be immediately used as it does need any curing time. Polished concrete only requires grinding and polishing of the concrete surface to come up with an ideal flooring system for manufacturing facilities, warehouses or hospitals.
Here are some of the benefits of having polished concrete installed in industrial floors:
- Durable enough to withstand high equipment heavy loads and foot traffic.
- Easy and fast to install at a budget-friendly cost.
- Anti-slip properties.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Long lifespan of up to 10 years despite daily torture by heavy machinery.
A polished concrete flooring system is a 3 step process involving grinding of the concrete surface, polishing and sealing for a final finish. The level of the sheen of the floor depends on how it is going to be used.
Whether you opt for epoxy coatings or polished concrete, the professional installers at Southside Concrete Polishing will be able to provide your industrial building with an ideal flooring solution.
Where Is Polished Concrete Best Used?
Polished concrete enhances the aesthetic value of concrete floors. With limitless possibilities for levels of sheen, colors, decorative designs and textures, polished concrete allows the concrete floors to be customized based on personal preferences.
Polished concrete floors are best used in:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Retail establishments
How IS Polished Concrete done?
Polished concrete is achieved through a mechanical polish and grinding process. Diamond grinders are used together with sealers and hardeners. These densify, seal, polish and level concrete floors to make them smooth to bring out their natural beauty.
The grinding process comes in multiple stages to achieve a smooth and high gloss finish. Aggregates, acid stains, dyes and graphics provide limitless possibilities for a decorative and aesthetically appealing finish.
Why Hire the Professionals?
The polished concrete process is not as simple as it looks. South Side Concrete Polishing knows the right timing on which the steps should be done. Timing is crucial in the installation of polished concrete.
- Before pouring, air bubbles will be removed by vibrating the concrete.
- While pouring concrete, it will be leveled and incorporated into expansion joints to prevent cracking.
- A Power float (trowel machine) is used to create a smooth concrete floor surface which is done at the right time during the curing period when it is still a bit wet.
The entire polished concrete process takes more than a week to complete. The surface of the polished concrete floor needs to be protected against any possible damage while in the curing stage. This job is only for highly skilled and trained polished concrete installers.
Polished concrete comes with a variety of options that can be customized. It is not only a great flooring option for commercial and industrial settings but for residential properties, too.
Southside Concrete Polishing uses a multi-step diamond polishing process to achieve a polished concrete floor that will provide any room for the texture and warmth no other flooring material can match.
Polished concrete adds elegance to commercial and industrial spaces. When polished concrete is processed to a high gloss finish, it can mimic the look of granite or marble yet have its own unique personality.
The lustrous sheen of polished concrete will make any floor space in the home look aesthetically appealing at an affordable price.